Innovation Center ● Prof. Dr. Meng Wang
Traffic Process Automation
Prof. Dr. Meng Wang
Dresden University of Technology
Institute for Traffic Telematics
Gerhart Potthoff Building, Room POT 56
Career and professional stations:
- Since December 2021 W3-Professor and Head of the Chair of Traffic Process Automation, Faculty of Transport Sciences "Friedrich List", Technische Universität Dresden.
- 2014 Obtained Ph. D with distinction in the Department of Transport and Planning, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Before that, visiting doctoral student at the Technical University of Dresden as well as PostDoc, Assistant Professor and Co-Director at the Technical University in Delf, Netherlands and Research Assistant/Department Head at the National Center of ITS Engineering & Technology, China
Research and development
- Research in the field of automated driving/intelligent vehicles for transport processes (passenger and freight transport).
- Estimation, modeling and control of traffic conditions.
- Environmentally friendly vehicle control and traffic management systems
- Evaluation of data and mathematical models for the networking of road users.
- Control of individual, but also collective behavior of road users based on models and data.
- Implementation of previous research results in practice, establishment of laboratories as simulation environments.
- Chairman and organizer of worldwide symposia, special sessions, conferences, workshops and special meetings.
- Optimizing transport efficiency, safety, sharing and sustainability
- Control and management of future transport systems
- Disruptive technologies for vehicle electrification, communication and automation
- Assessment of existing and future planned infrastructures (physical and digital) for connected and automated driving
- SAFE-UP - Proactive Safety Systems And Tools For A Constantly Upgrading Road Environment (funded by the Horizon 2020 research and innovation program of the European Union)
- DiREC - Digital Road for evolving Connected & Automated Driving (co-funded by Conference of European Directors of Roads (CEDR)).
Thank you for your interest in our services. We gladly answer your enquiries!
Head of Industry Department