Innovation Center ● Univ.-Prof. Dr. Jonas Hensel
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Jonas Hensel
Contact via Mrs. Frau Ulber:
- Since December 2021: Head of the Professorship of Welding Technology at the TU Chemnitz
- 2017 - 2021 TU Braunschweig: Head of Department "Welding Technology and Beam Technology" (Institute for Joining and Welding Technology)
- 2010 - 2017 TU Braunschweig: PhD at the Institute of Joining and Welding Technology and work as a research associate.
- 2013 SLV Hannover: Advanced training as international welding engineer
- 2009 - 2010 Hochtief Construction AG: Engineering activity in the Civil Engineering and Marine Works division
- 2008 - 2009 University of Rhode Island: Studies Ocean Engineering (Marine Engineering)
- 2004 - 2009 TU Braunschweig: Study of civil engineering
Research and development
- Process-structure-property relationships-light microscopy/electron microscopy/intermetallic phases.
- Materials - Influences of joining processes on material structures and properties/Development of joining strategies to influence the joining suitability of different materials / Joining of challenging materials
- Joining technologies - buildup welding / dispersion / diffusion welding, etc.
- Component safety - investigation and development of joining processes of different energy sources for diverse applications.
- Analysis metrological penetration of joining processes
- Further development and modification of existing joining processes
- Automation and digitization of joining processes
- Construction of joining tools
- Design and calculation of joints
- Material behavior/welding metallurgy
- Quality and strength evaluation of joining results
- 15518 - Consulting and validation on selected joints and joining technologies for a renowned automotive manufacturer.
Thank you for your interest in our services. We gladly answer your enquiries!
Head of Industry Department