Innovation Center ● Prof. Dr.-Ing. Kristin Paetzold-Byhain
Virtual product development
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Kristin Paetzold-Byhain
Dresden University of Technology
Professorship Virtual Product Development
Zeuner Building, RN 218
Career and professional stations:
- Since July 2021 Dresden University of Technology: Holder of the Professorship for Virtual Product Development.
- 2009 University of the Federal Armed Forces: Professorship for Technical Product Development - holder of the corresponding institute.
- Research focus on aerospace technology
- University of Erlangen: Senior Engineer Chair of Design Technology (focus: senior-friendly product development/mechatronics).
- Establishment of the "user-friendly product development" working group
- University of Erlangen: PhD
- Member of the Board of Management of the Design Society
- Member of the Scientific Society for Product Development (WiGeP)
- Co-Chair of the Special Interes Group (SIG) "Human Behaviour Design".
- Professorship is member of the Network Beam Melting
Research and development
- Digital Engineering
- Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Human Behaviour Design
- Reverse engineering
- Inclusion of 3D scanner and VR/VA technology
- Digitalization in product development
- Use of data-driven tools and methods to design information flows in product development
- Solutions for complexity management in product development and systems engineering
- Advanced methods for geometry reconstruction in reverse engineering with applications in medical technology
- human-centered product development:
- Integration of the user into the development process
- Integration of developers' knowledge into information flows
- Agile development of mechatronic system
- Training on understanding and optimizing R&D processes in an innovative manufacturing company.
Thank you for your interest in our services. We gladly answer your enquiries!
Head of Industry Department