Innovation Center ● Prof. Dr. techn. Martin Tajmar
Prof. Univ.-Prof. Dr. techn. Martin Tajmar
Institute of Aerospace Engineering at the Dresden University of Technology
Professorship for Space Systems
MAR, room 117
- since 2014 - Institute Director - Institute of Aerospace Engineering, TU Dresden
- since 2012 - university professor and head of the professorship for space systems
- 2010 - 2012 Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, KAIST, Republic of Korea
- 2011 - 2012 Head of Staff Aerospace Engineering, University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt, Austria
- 2005 - 2010 Head of the Space Propulsion Department (later "Space Propulsion and Advanced Concepts") of the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT), Seibersdorf
- Start of work in the field of plasma physics at the Vienna University of Technology in Austria, stay at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California at NASA, research activity at ESTEC of the European Space Agency ESA.
Research and development
Electrical drives (Hall ions, grid ions, MPD, FEEP, etc.)
Ion and electron sources for space and terrestrial applications
Neutralizers for electric drives, e.g. heaterless C12A7 cathode or CNT cathodes.
Development of ultra-precise shear measurement scales (resolution down to the nano-Newton range).
Testing of aerospace components in our large vacuum facilities (up to 4.5 m³, thermal cycling possible, variation of pressure, etc.) as well as high-precision thrust measurement
Supply of finished systems (e.g. drives, ion/electron sources, measuring scales) or customer-specific design!
- Space Technology
- Drive systems (chemical, electric, new concepts)
- Miniaturized propulsion systems (e.g. field emission engines)
- Small satellites
- Innovative energy systems
- Design and operation of high performance scales, especially for electric drive applications.
- Miniaturized drive system for CubeSat applications
- Electron emitter for tether systems
- Performance of negative pressure tests as well as thermal cycling tests for the aerospace industry
- Thrust tests for novel propulsion systems
- Consulting for the development of electric drives
Thank you for your interest in our services. We gladly answer your enquiries!