Innovation Center ● Prof. Dr.-Ing. Markus Hecht
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Markus Hecht
Berlin University of Technology
Rail Vehicles Specialty
- since 1997 Head of the Department of Rail Vehicles at the Institute of Land and Sea Transport at the Technical University of Berlin
- 1988 to 1997 in managerial position at Schweizerische Lokomotiv- und Maschinenfabrik AG in Winterthur
- 1988 Doctorate on the subject of "track position measurement
- until 1988 studies and work as research assistant at the RTWH Aachen
Other activities and functions:
- Since February 2017, Prof. Hecht has been a member of the board of "Allianz pro Schiene".
- Since 2016 Member of the VDI Advisory Board for Railway Technology
- In 2002, he was appointed Advisory Professor at Tongji University Shanghai
- Deputy Head of the "Quiet Traffic" Research Network
- Advisory board of technical journal "ZEV-Rail Glasers Annalen" and "Eisenbahningenieur
- Member of the EU expert team EURNEX
- Expert assessor for rail vehicles at the German and Swiss accreditation bodies DAKKS and SAS
- Member of the ERRAC Strategic Board (ERRAC = European Rail Research Advisory Council) and the TIS (technical innovation group rail freight)
Research and development
Telematics and maintenance for rail vehicles
Acoustics of rail vehicles
Multibody simulations for longitudinal dynamics and wear behavior.
Energy efficiency calculations and simulations
- Development of telematics and sensor systems as part of the research work on the digitalization of rail freight transport
- Investigations of condition-based maintenance for freight wagons
- Research into innovative approaches and solutions for the reduction of railroad noise at track, vehicle and track construction machines.
- Solution of acoustic measurement tasks by means of state-of-the-art measurement technology
- Investigations and simulations on excitation mechanisms of railroad noise
- Multibody simulations for the longitudinal dynamics of passenger and freight trains
- Multibody simulations of the wear behavior of wheel and rail
- Calculations of energy and fuel consumption as well as CO2 emissions for passenger and freight trains on real routes
- Design and assessment of energy saving potentials
- Engineering services in the fields of acoustics, running technology, telematics, passive safety
"Research project "Concretization and prediction of maintenance intervals by using digital twins".
Thank you for your interest in our services. We gladly answer your enquiries!
Head of Industry Department