Innovation Center ● Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Will
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Will
Dresden University of Technology
Institute for Mechatronic Mechanical Engineering
Professorship for Construction Machinery
Georg-Schumann-Bau, Room A 110
Münchner Platz 3
- Since 12/2017 holder of the professorship for construction machinery at the TU Dresden (until 11/2021 as endowed professorship).
- 1997 to 2017 Managerial activities in various medium-sized industrial companies in the field of materials handling technology and construction machinery:
- Schierholz GmbH, CTI Systems S.A., Dynapac GmbH, Beumer Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG, Gössling Maschinenfabrik GmbH, Cyrus GmbH Schwingtechnik
- Doctorate and work as a research assistant at the Institute for Materials Handling at the University of Hanover
- Studied mechanical engineering at the Technical University of Braunschweig and the University of Hanover
Research and development
- Machine and process simulation (man-machine-process interaction)
- Automation of construction machinery and construction robotics
- Assistance systems, remote handling, autonomy
- Development and integration of innovative operating concepts
- Electrification and hybridization of construction machinery
- Tribology, material development, component optimization
- Stiffness analysis of cantilever structures
- Additive manufacturing with concrete 3D printing
- Crushing of hard rock by means of electric pulse process
- Development and application of virtual and experimental methods for the analysis of machine behavior, work process and operation
- Virtualization of machine operation in connection with the development of unmanned construction machines using the latest communication technologies
- New and further development of drives and components, especially with regard to the electrification of construction machinery
- Development and integration of advanced materials for wear-intensive construction applications
- Extensive spatial and technical equipment (including large hall areas and outdoor grounds)
- Feasibility study on direct current arc drilling for deep geothermal energy application.
- Development of a generally valid, user-friendly simulation model for determining the forces on the positioner of a wagon tipper.
- Concept study on on-board assessment procedures of ground bearing capacity for supporting truck loading cranes.
- Concept study on the evaluation possibilities of on-board measurement data on the truck loading crane with regard to the determination of load spectra or load profiles.
- Expert opinion: Automated construction machinery and robotics
- Development of an advanced morphological box for a concrete 3D print head.
- Scientific support for the development and implementation of analyses on digital requirements for construction machinery training as well as technical and didactic-methodical support for the creation of learning modules.
Thank you for your interest in our services. We gladly answer your enquiries!